The Guagua 'DeTour' (pronounced 'Wah-Wah')
(Family & Friends Tour Shuttle: Price same as registration for cyclists)
Take a one of a kind 'DeTour' while being part of La Vuelta Puerto Rico as you support you family or friends. Enjoy a panoramic tour with the assistance of professional tour guides that will help you discover the little known attractions of the 'Island of Enchantment'. Guided by the Professors and Professional Tour Guides, Ms. Dilcia Torres and Ms. Wilma Ríos this service is provided only for non-riders. Your loved ones can be part of La Vuelta action and enjoy our beautiful island as they are transported from one overnight location to the next saving you the hassle of renting a car, driving or finding your way around.
Service includes the following
- Start or hotel pick up and transportation to next overnight hotel all three days of the event
- Breakfast and lunch all three days of the event
- Arrival dinner in San Juan on the third day
The Guagua DeTour will leapfrog the event on a 17 passenger van using its own time schedule and not that of the event. Those using this service will have an occasional bird's-eye view of the event and in some sections may actually stop to be in critical areas where they will be embedded into the event (Camino Nuevo on Day 1!) It is important that participants of this program know and understand that we will not be following a particular peloton but you will be able to see, experience and enjoy some parts of the event we think are crucial to this experience.
Rules and Regulations
- Each participant must be at least 13 years of age on the day of the event
- Participants between the ages of 13 and 17 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Any guest with a particular disability that needs special requirements, must contact us before signing up to see if our service can accommodate their needs.
Stops and activities are as follows
- Pick up from event starting point or hotel - we leave at 5:00 am with the peloton.
- See the entire peloton as they start the journey, then head to El Conquistador Resort in Fajardo for breakfast.
- Camino Nuevo is the most dreaded climb of La Vuelta. Be camera-ready and cheer on riders as they make it to the top. You may be lucky to see your loved one.
- Lunch at Punta Tuna Lighthouse in Maunabo.
- Advanced Check in at your hotel in Ponce.
- Hotel pick up at the designated time.
- Breakfast at the Costa Bahia Hotel in Guayanilla.
- Rest stop in Boquerón in Cabo Rojo
- Lunch in Mayagüez.
- Check in at your hotel in Mayagüez or Rincón.
- Hotel pick up.
- Breakfast at Villa Cofresí Hotel in Rincón with plenty of time for leisure at the beach.
- Lunch in Arecibo
- Next stop is at the Dorado Plantation Watermill at Dorado Beach Resort in Dorado. You will have plenty of time to pamper yourself at the spa or just sunbathe by the pool.
- Last stop will be in San Juan where you will be able to find a perfect photo-taking spot and welcome your loved one.
- You will be dropped off right at the finish line where you can help hand out the medals!